What will I learn at iRI?
Students will be divided into two groups to complete the science research summer courses and experimentation.
Can I submit to competitions?
The goal of iResearch Institute summer high school research program is to conduct proper experimentation to prepare for local, regional, and national science research competitions, as applicable.
Will age groups be separated?
Students who completed eigth grade education will be separated from students who completed ninth grade education.
How will experimentation occur?
The experimentation process will occur within a team. Each student member will address aspects of an original research project to ensure adequate findings (via the completion of varied tests) to support or negate their hypotheses.
We will teach the following science research methods:
- To design/outline research proposals
- To effectively present research related findings verbally or written
- To design and illustrate PowerPoint presentation boards and slides for competition readiness.
- To write publishable abstracts
- To write publishable research papers
- To conduct safe experimental research
- To understand rules and guidelines of competitions
How will each day be planned?
Each day will be divided into two sections:
- Research methods training
- Basic biology and chemistry training
- Learning and conducting laboratory experimentation to test novel hypotheses.